To the Editor:

Ladies don’t want to be swept off their feet

I really enjoyed reading Kaitlin Snook’s article on Friday titled “Guys, sweep her off her feet.” However, I have to disagree with her arguments. I am a student at CSU. I have gone to CSU parties, and you are right. you can hook up with girls at parties. But that is not me.

I would rather meet a girl, go on a date and do the “date” thing. But I have noticed a problem: Girls, in my opinion, seem to shy away from a guy who wants to indulge in a meaningful couple of hours of dinner and conversation on a Friday night.

Last weekend I went to a couple of parties with some friends and tried to have a casual conversation with a couple of females who I found attractive. Basically they just kind of gave me a look and walked off. The funny thing is, I wasn’t surprised, so I just laughed it off and discussed it with some friends of mine.

This sounds cocky, but I feel as though I am a good catch compared to other guys who go to parties strictly on the basis of trying to “get some,” and when you look at me, you see a good-looking guy. I’m a student-athlete, take good care of myself and have confidence, but it’s just not what the females seem to be looking for.

Must just be me, but girls seem to have too many options and they are no longer looking for a guy like me.

Kip Taylor

sophomore

liberal arts

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

The Also-Rams

After following CSU for seven years I’ve come up with a new nickname for my beloved Rams: The Also-Rams.

In an era of college football where big seasons bring in big dollars and TV contracts reign supreme, CSU football always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The Thursday night loss to the Air Force Falcons is the toughest loss I’ve ever endured as a CSU fan.

Over the last five seasons, CSU has blown opportunities in many games we could and in some cases even SHOULD have won. Games against Colorado-Boulder, Nevada-Las Vegas, New Mexico, Utah, Texas Christian and San Diego State among others. What makes these games frustrating is these are the types of games that turn bad, disappointing or even good seasons into good, great and amazing seasons.

That is what is wrong with CSU athletics and most importantly what is wrong with CSU football. It isn’t a problem just at CSU either. It is a problem at every school in the Mountain West Conference. We complain about facilities, TV contracts, and bowl game payouts instead of just going out there and GETTING IT DONE.

Sure there are schools that have more than us. But we have had those schools on the ropes in big games and let them off the hook. Colorado-Boulder has a much larger athletic budget than CSU.

Until CSU and the Mountain West Conference as a whole understand this we will always be the Also-Rams.

Nate Robertson

CSU fan

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

More to art than Burns says

I’m glad someone decided that the art department is actually good enough to associate with by interviewing Ms. Burns; after all, the Plaza gets a makeover and Clark gets painted, but the Art Building has been leaking like the Titanic since before my freshman year.

However, I’d like to point out to some people who might be confused by Ms. Burns’ verbiage that while art is indeed subjective and the appreciation depends on who is viewing it, this does not mean that anything goes.

And not everyone can do it; sure, some people may be born with some talent, but there’s almost no way an artist can be considered valid without some sort of training. Sure, we’d all like to be child prodigies, but that’s just not the way it works, lamb.

Furthermore, I welcome more interviews with art students, since we often put in more physical hours in our studio classes than any amount of credit hours will give us and people STILL don’t think it’s a real major.

And next time you interview one of us, give us some warning so we don’t say “like” so much. We generally DO have extensive vocabularies, for writing thesis papers, analyses and such.

Here’s a hand to the artists!

Liz Bartlett

junior

art