Authors: Kate Dzintars

Waking up in my bed is like cuddling with Santa Claus on a cloud. I nestle in a tumble of pillows cocooned in my down comforter slowly waking to greet the day.

Then I roll over to turn off my alarm and my headphone cord cinches around my neck to choke me, my iPod digs into my hip and my cell phone blares in protest as my elbow presses all of the buttons at once.

I love technology and staying connected to media so much that I can’t even part with them when I’m sleeping – sad, I know, but true. That’s why I’m so excited about my job as multimedia managing editor and the opportunities I have to update the Collegian and collegian.com.

Blogs have emerged as a valuable and popular forum on the Internet, and today collegian.com is jumping on that train.

We’ll have posts from a student studying in Russia, a Rams sports fanatic and more.

I hope we can add more as the year goes on.

Maybe you have a band. Or you’re really interested in local politics. Maybe you are part of Greek life and you want to expplain what being in a fraternity or sorority is really like. If you have a story, we want you to tell it.

If you are interested, just shoot an e-mail to multimedia@collegian.com and we’ll see what we can do to hook you up with your own little plot of cyberspace. Check back often, and feel free to post feedback.

If you love the blogger, let us know. If you hate what the blogger has to say, blast ’em on the message boards. It’s all for you, so let us know what you want to see and how you feel.

Every day on this page we’ll have poll results from the day before. Be sure to log on to collegian.com and vote.

Every Thursday, we’ll publish a different blog. Maybe you’ll see something you like and log on for more.

After every CSU home game, look on the Web site for instant recaps and slideshows from our photographers.

All of Student Media is converging to work on some major projects this year. Be sure to tune in to CTV on channel 11 and KCSU at 90.5 FM to catch the buzz. Don’t forget College Avenue either. Pick up CSU’s magazine for in-depth features and a one-of-a-kind look at CSU and the community.

Multimedia managing editor Kate Dzintars can be reached at multimedia@collegian.com.