Jackass: Number Two

Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera and Stephen Glover

Running time: 1 hr. 25 min.

Rated: R (duh)

Summary: Sweet God, they made another one? Wasn’t one film of testicle-crunching, injury-inducing, goat-pleasuring goodness enough? Apparently not because Knoxville, Steve-O and the rest of the gang are back again for even more asinine stunts that are enough to make the people who appear in the Darwin Awards look like the Nobel Prize winners. Nevertheless, if you liked the show or the first “Jackass” movie you’re going to like this one. To quote “Wayne’s World:” “You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl!”

All the King’s Men

Starring: Sean Penn, Jude Law and Kate Winslet

Running Time: 2 hr.

Rated: PG-13

Summary: For those of you who aren’t clamoring to see “Jackass: Number Two,” here’s a film featuring some of, if not every, great actor and actress working today in a story that proves the old maxim, “Absolute power corrupts absolutely.” Penn stars as Willie Stark, a populist politician in the 1950s who gets elected governor of Louisiana, but whose morality is, surprise, surprise, tarnished by his newfound position of power. Though the film itself has been generally panned by most critics, Penn is still receiving rave reviews for his performance as Stark. Richard Roeper ain’t lying when he says Penn is “the best (actor) of his generation.”

Flyboys

Starring: James Franco and Jean Reno

Running Time: 2 hr. 19 min.

Rated: PG-13

Summary: If the current smattering of movies out there just hasn’t satisfied your insatiable thirst for World War I dogfights, then this is the film for you. Starring Franco as an idealistic young aviator, “Flyboys” chronicles the story of the Lafayette Escadrille, the first squadron of American planes to fight in World War I. As with “Jet Li’s Fearless” the real reason to see this film is for the fight scenes, which, for this movie, are supposed to be a spectacular mix of computer-generated graphics and live action. A film to satisfy the World War I flying ace in all of us.

Staff writer Jeff Schwartz can be reached at verve@collegian.com