Wednesday, Oct. 4

Spirit of CSU Day

All day, Warner College of Natural Resource Lawn

Show your Ram pride by wearing your favorite CSU gear. Students in green and gold will qualify for free giveaways and get free food. Celebrate CSU traditions and school spirit! Sponsored by ASAP, ASCSU and Student Alumni Connection.

Ram Volleyball, CSU vs. Denver

7 p.m., Moby Arena

Come watch the Rams take on the Denver Pioneers. Wear your ForEverGreen shirt to the game and show your RAM Pride! To order game tickets, call the CSU Athletic Ticket Office at 800-491-RAMS or 491-7267.

Thursday, Oct. 5

College of Engineering 50+ Year Homecoming Reunion Dinner

6 to 9 p.m., The Hilton

Every year during homecoming week, engineering alumni who graduated at least 25 years ago come together for an evening of memories and recognition at the Fort Collins Hilton. For questions or to RSVP, please contact the College of Engineering’s Development Office at 491-7028 or supportengineering@colostate.edu.

An Evening of Music and Dance

7 to 9 p.m., doors open at 6:30 p.m., Lory Student Center Theatre

Come and enjoy the highlight event for National Hispanic Heritage Month. This educational concert features Manuel Molina’s Latin Jazz Combo. Manuel will share music and history with the audience, so come early as a full house is expected. For more information call El Centro Student Services at 491-0590. Sponsored by El Centro Student Services and ASAP. The event is free and open to the public.

Friday, Oct. 6

Families Visit Classes

All day

Sit in on your student’s classes, meet faculty members and learn more about the academic experience at CSU. Sponsored by the Provost Office.

University Archives Open House

9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Morgan Library Room 202

Join fellow alumni and friends for a walk down memory lane at the University Archives Open House in Morgan Library. Relive the colorful history and tradition of CSU with a rich collection of memorabilia from the University Archive. View photographs, yearbooks, Rocky Mountain Collegians, commencement programs and other items that tell the story of CSU’s past. For more information, check out lib.colostate.edu/about/news/homecoming06.

Registration

1 to 5 p.m., LSC registration booth, 2nd floor

Make the LSC your first stop during Family Weekend/Homecoming to pick up your registration packet, event tickets and additional information.

College of Engineering 50+ Year Homecoming Reunion Breakfast

9 to 11 a.m.

College of Engineering’s Homecoming Week continues with a social gathering of COE alumni who graduated 25 years ago or more. At the College of Engineering Internet Caf/ alumni will enjoy refreshments and conversation while learning about several research projects the college is undertaking. Tours will be conducted. For questions or to RSVP, please contact the College of Engineering’s Development Office at 491-7028 or supportengineering@colostate.edu.

50 Year Club Hospitality Suite

10 a.m. to 4 p.m., LSC East Ballroom

All graduates of CSU prior to 1956 are welcome to come enjoy reconnecting and reminiscing with fellow alumni.

50 Year Club Luncheon

11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., LSC Mid/West Ballroom

$20 per person

Welcoming the class of 1956, this annual luncheon celebrates all graduates of 50 years or more.

Class of 1956 Reunion Dinner

5:30 p.m., LSC Cherokee Park Room

$25 per person

Occupational Therapy Class of 1956 Reunion Dinner

Time, place and price TBA

College Open Houses

Visit the various colleges, meet faculty members and members of the Deans’ Offices, learn more about your student’s academic opportunities at CSU.

? Intra-University (Open-Option and Open-Option Seeking), 2 to 4 p.m., 202 Aylesworth northeast

? College of Engineering, 3 to 5 p.m., Engineering Building lobby

? Warner College of Natural Resources, 3 to 5 p.m., Atrium of the Natural Resources Building

? College of Natural Sciences, 6 to 7 p.m., Awards Ceremony, LSC Main Ballroom

? College of Business, 3 to 5 p.m., Rockwell Courtyard

? College of Liberal Arts, 4:30 to 6 p.m., University Center for the Arts

Hillel Shabbat Dinner

6 to 8 p.m., LSC Atrium Solarium

$14 per person

Meet other Jewish students, families, alumni and CSU faculty and staff to welcome in Shabbat “Hillel style.” This special Shabbat is Erev Sukkot: “The season of our rejoicing.” The harvest-themed buffet dinner includes kosher chicken and vegetarian options.

Bonfire, Fireworks and Lighting of the ‘A’

8 to 9 p.m., LSC West Lawn

Come join in this annual tradition and get ready to cheer on the Rams. The winners of the Treasure Hunt will be announced during the bonfire and prizes will be drawn. Sponsored by ASAP, ASCSU and Student Alumni Connection.

First Friday Gallery Walk

6 to 9 p.m., Old Town art galleries

This free event is held the first Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. Old Town Fort Collins galleries remain open for this self-guided tour, refreshments are served. Exhibits generally change from month to month. For additional information please contact Arts Alive Fort Collins at 482-2232.

An evening of Jazz with Galen Abdur-Razzaq

7:30 to 9 p.m., LSC North Ballroom

$8 for students, $10 for non-students

Treat your ears to the music of Galen Abdur-Razzaq, a musician who has performed both internationally and domestically for over 30 years. Held in a jazz club setting, seating is limited and tickets will go quickly. Tickets can be purchased at the LSC Box Office (491-4TIX) or online at www.csutix.com. Tickets to the performance include hors d’oeuvres and cash bar. Sponsored by ASAP, ASCSU and Black Student Services.

Saturday, Oct. 7

Homecoming Pancake Breakfast

7 to 9 a.m., Alumni Center

Free for ID-holding students wearing a ForEverGreen shirt, $3 for CSU students without a shirt and ID, $5 for non-CSU students, free for children under 6.

Start your Homecoming Parade festivities with a fresh pancake breakfast. Sponsored by Student Alumni Connection.

Homecoming 5K Race

7:45 a.m., CSU Oval

$23 pre-registration, $27 to register the day of the run, $2 discount per person for groups of 20 or more.

Open to all families, alumni and community members, the annual 5K Homecoming race will start and finish at the University Oval and will be followed by a Kid’s Fun Run. Register for the race by calling 491-5081 or visit hes.cahs.colostate.edu/Homecoming. The race is sponsored by the Department of Health and Exercise Science.

Homecoming Parade

9 a.m., Old Town Parade Route

Join CSU and the Fort Collins community in celebrating the biggest parade in town. Parade starts in Old Town Fort Collins and ends in the Moby Arena parking lot of CSU.

Registration

10 a.m. to noon, LSC second floor registration booth

Pick up your registration packet, event tickets and additional information

University Archives Open House

11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Morgan Library Room 202

Join fellow alumni and friends for a walk down memory lane at the University Archives Open House in Morgan Library. Relive the colorful history and tradition of CSU with a rich collection of memorabilia from the University Archive. View photographs, yearbooks, past issues of the Rocky Mountain Collegian, commencement programs and other items that tell the story of CSU’s past. For more information, check out lib.colostate.edu/about/news/homecoming06.

Pre-game tailgate

12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Hughes Stadium

$8 per person

Homecoming Football Game, CSU vs. Nevada-Las Vegas

3 p.m., Hughes Stadium

Come watch the CSU Rams go head-to-head with the UNLV Rebels. Wear green and gold to the game to show Ram pride. To order game tickets, call the CSU Athletic Ticket Office at 800-491-RAMS or 491-7267.

Sunday, October 8

Golf Scramble

8 a.m. to noon, City Park Nine

$30 per person

Enjoy playing the oldest course in Fort Collins. Alumni, current students and their families will tee off at 8:30 a.m. with a shot gun start. Open to all levels of players. A limited number of carts are available at the club house for an extra charge. Award ceremony follows at 11 a.m. Register early, space is limited. Sponsored by ASAP and ASCSU.

Hike to the A

9 a.m. to noon, meet at Hughes Stadium

See Fort Collins and CSU from a new perspective on top of the mighty “A” above Hughes Stadium. This trail hike is about 2.5 miles round trip. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended. Meet at Hughes Stadium and enjoy a rambling hike through the foothills. Sponsored by the Outdoor Adventure Program in Campus Recreation.

Housing Options After the First Year

1 p.m., LSC Room 228

Come learn about the choices available to students after their freshman year on campus. Gather information about on- and off-campus options, from renting to owning. Sponsored by Off-Campus Student Services and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.

Explore Fort Collins

12:30 p.m.

Visit any of the many restaurants or shopping areas in Fort Collins.

Homecoming/Family Weekend 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament

1 to 3 p.m., Campus Recreation Center

Calling all “weekend warriors,” former athletes and current basketball pros. Bring your team or join a team and participate in the first annual 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament for Homecoming/Family Weekend. Sponsored by Black Student Services and the Campus Recreation Center.

*Calendar courtesy of Colorado State University