To the editor:

The Lory Student Center is advising the campus community and campus visitors that on Monday through Wednesday the student organization “Justice for All” will be hosting a very large free speech photographic exhibit, that will include graphic abortion photographs, on the south side of the LSC Plaza.

This is not a CSU sponsored activity and the university takes no position regarding either the exhibit or its content. CSU is neither trying to censure nor endorse the exhibit but wants to be sure that community members and visitors are aware of its presence.

If you wish to avoid this exhibit and its contents you are encouraged to take alternative routes on campus during these three days.

Mari Strombom

Director, Student Involvement & Activities

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

In regards to the political cartoon in Wednesday’s paper, frankly I am disgusted. The Collegian has stooped to a new low. As far as I know, the media is supposed to give an unbiased report on the news, of which the Collegian does a terrible job.

I also know that the political cartoons are, in their very nature, biased. However, the cartoon in Wednesday’s paper was simply offensive, not to mention one of the poorest drawn sketches I have ever seen. The cartoon depicted the president’s brain and what he was thinking about.

Among the things he was thinking about were beef jerky, exploitation, Mickey Mouse and Jesus Christ. First of all, I’m not sure how you can compare Jesus Christ to Mickey Mouse and beef jerky.

Christians make up a majority on this campus, in this country and in the world – have respect for their beliefs. This does not qualify as a political cartoon but simply pure leftist propaganda. In regards to the cartoon’s reference to the president not caring about “black people,” perhaps stop using Kanye West as a source of political inspiration.

Political cartoons should be humorous and clever to show a viewpoint. This cartoon simply listed supposed reasons George W. Bush is evil. I suggest the Collegian and any aspiring political cartoonists mature in their work.

Clay Jordan

junior

history major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

I have had enough. I open the paper everyday in hopes of enlightening myself with the daily news. Instead, all I get is anti-Bush cartoons and an opinion about how Americans are a bunch of idiots.

There are still people who not only support President Bush but also support his efforts overseas. Can the Collegian not find anyone able to report the other side of issues?

Or do they just refuse to do so? You call yourself the “student voice of Colorado State University,” yet you only voice liberal biases. If you can’t find another Ryan Chapman, then I volunteer for the job. Let’s offer some diversity already.

Alycia Chapman

sophomore

English education

sister of former Collegian columnist Ryan Chapman