To the Editor

Thank you for covering the Rocky Mountain Sustainable Living Fair events from this past Saturday and Sunday. As volunteers of the event, we are pleased that the seventh year of the fair was another wonderful success. Among the many highlights for the thousands of fair-goers were the five enlightening keynote speakers. Each speaker provided insight and motivation on how all of us can contribute to developing practical solutions to our current environmental and economic challenges.

One keynote speaker, Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, highlighted many of the sensible green initiatives that both private industry and public agencies have embraced to improve our quality of life and sustain our economic vitality here in Colorado. Unfortunately, the Collegian focused their article on a completely unrelated issue, the partial legalization of marijuana, which paid Mayor Hickenlooper and the Sustainable Living Fair a great disservice.

We gave a standing ovation to Mayor Hickenlooper for his inspirational message on the importance of technology and partnership-building to tackle the serious economic, energy and transportation issues we are faced with. We are disappointed that this newspaper decided to invent a story absolutely unrelated to the important and pertinent message Mayor Hickenlooper and the Sustainable Living Fair strived to provide our community.

As students and alumni of CSU, we have come to expect more from the Collegian.

Natasha Davis

Patrick Flynn

To the Editor

Uncategorized  Add comments

Today, in honor of Constitution Day, the question “How free is free speech?” was posed on a display facing the main entrance to the Lory Student Center.

Those seeking to answer this question may find it helpful to note that the display was located within CSU’s “Free Speech Zone.”

Ben Prytherch

junior

liberal arts