Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer, Vimal Patel The Rocky Mountain Collegian

RamRide took another hit over the weekend. This time, literally.

One of the safe-ride program’s cars was left “totaled” after a suspected drunk driver crashed into it late Saturday night near the intersection of City Park Avenue and W. Elizabeth Street.

No major injuries were reported by the two RamRide volunteers in the totaled Pontiac Grand Prix.

But the driver, Robert Alexander, a senior management major, went to the doctor Monday morning with sore shoulder muscles, but nothing major, he said.

“Amanda is fine and I’m on muscle relaxants,” he said, referring to Amanda Mozer, a junior open-option major seeking business who was navigating the car.

The driver of the other car pushed his blue Chevrolet Cavalier into the parking lot of Ma’s Juice Bar and then ran, according to a RamRide incident report filed by the driver and navigator of the car.

Alexander said witnesses saw the male running down the street, and he wasn’t running straight.

Witnesses described the driver of the blue Cavalier as a 5-foot-8-inch male with blond hair.

Police are still looking for the driver in the hit-and-run crash.

“We don’t know if the owner of the car was the driver,” said Rita Davis, a Fort Collins Police Services spokeswoman.

According to one witness, the driver “pretended to be an innocent bystander” before running away.

The director of RamRide, Holli Kinkel, said she doesn’t think the crash will have a negative impact on the number of volunteers for the program.

“Maybe it will have the reverse effect,” she said. “People will see there are still drunk drivers out there and will want to volunteer.”

A Collegian reporter spoke with Mozer before the crash, when her spirits were still high.

“I’m looking for lots of laughs and a good time,” she said.

After the collision, it was a different story.

“I just wanted to go home,” Mozer said. “I really didn’t want anything to do with RamRide at that moment.”

Staff writer Stephanie Gerlach contributed to this report.

Staff writers Adam Bohlmeyer and Vimal Patel can be reached at news@collegian.com.