Authors: SEAN STAR The Rocky Mountain Collegian

After watching film on CSU’s 28-10 loss to Nevada on Saturday night, defensive coordinator Steve Standard could easily pick out the three plays that impacted the game the most.

All three plays happened in the first half.

Two of the plays went in favor of the opposing team.

And one play gave CSU its only touchdown of the game.

Play #1: After driving straight down the field to score a touchdown on its first possession, the Nevada offense appeared to be stopped short of the end zone upon reaching the CSU 31-yard line.

“We had a chance to get off the field. We had a forth and five, which is huge early in the game” said Standard. “They went for it and threw that deep fade and got it.”

Play #2: Facing a 14-3 deficit in the second quarter, CSU was in need of a big play and got it when freshman linebacker Sedric Peterson blocked a punt and recovered it in the end zone for a touchdown.

“I looked up and I was in the backfield already. I put my hands up and blocked it,” said Peterson. “I said ‘please don’t land on the one-yard line, just roll into the end zone so I can fall on it.”

Play #3: Arguably the biggest play of the game was Nevada senior quarterback Jeff Rowe’s 39-yard touchdown pass with under a minute left in the first half.

“They just ran by our three-deep coverage,” Standard said. “They ran by all three of them.”

The touchdown pass gave the Wolf Pack all the momentum it needed heading into halftime to shut the Rams out in the second half.

Staff writer Sean Star can be reached at sports@collegian.com.