Fantazmo in Fort Collins

Authors: Marissa HuttonGavel The Rocky Mountain Collegian

Looking for a night of loco fun in FoCo? Look no further that the FoCoLoCo Fall Fantazmo.

Belly dancers, live musical acts and comedy come together to form the FoCoLoCo Fall Fantazmo, “.a Fort Collins Extravaganza.”

The festival, sponsored by a local production and promotion company, RapidFireEntertainment LLC, will be held Saturday at the Sunset Event Center in Old Town, at 242 Linden St.

“It is our goal to provide everyone involved an enjoyable show they will remember at a reasonable price,” Jeremy Michael, co-owner of RapidFire, wrote in an e-mail.

Doors open at 6 p.m. with Colorado comedians Pat Dodd and Ben Kronberg set to open the night at 7:10 p.m.

Three opening acts, local bands Ten Tiers, A Melodic Daydream and singer/songwriter Audrey Vanessa will take the stage from 8:15 to 11 p.m.

Headlining band, Set Forth, will perform at 11:30 p.m.

“We have been taking a break from performing, so we are anxious to get back into the swing of things,” Set Forth’s lead singer Steve Melton wrote in an e-mail.

With influences like Adam Levine of Maroon 5, Melton describes the band’s sound to “the usual pop with an unusual funk twist.”

If the comedy and music is not enough to keep you around, the Rocky Mountain Belly Dancing Company will also attend and perform all night.

Other attractions include an ice sculpting exhibit outside and a live drawing exhibit with an art booth on display.

Tickets are available at The Finest, Spotlight Music, Start the Press, Catalyst Coffee or by phone at 308-4224.

Tickets bought in advance are $10; the price at the door is $15.

Five percent of the profits will be donated to the Larimer Humane Society.

Staff writer Marissa Hutton-Gavel can be reached at verve@collegian.com.

———————

Check out the musical acts before the event on myspace.com

-www.myspace.com/tentiers

-www.myspace.com/amelodicdaydream

-www.myspace.com/audreyvanessa

-www.myspace.com/setforth