Authors: Sean Star

Junior Johnny Walker’s 10 catches and 158 receiving yards yielded more than just a Rocky Mountain Showdown victory.

Walker was named the Mountain West Conference co-offensive player of the week on Monday along with New Mexico junior wide receiver Marcus Smith.

Walker set career bests for both catches and receiving yards on Saturday against Colorado-Boulder.

His 10-reception game was the first double-figure catch performance for a CSU receiver since David Anderson caught 12 passes against CU-Boulder last year.

“He definitely deserved it,” said sophomore linebacker Jeff Horinek. “He played a great game. He played his heart out,”

Horinek helped anchor another stellar performance from the Rams defense on Saturday.

After setting a school record for fewest total yards allowed in single game the week before, the defense gave up just 146 yards to the Buffaloes – the 4th lowest total in school history.

Heading into their match-up with Nevada, CSU ranks No. 1 in the entire country in total defense, allowing a mere 116 total yards per game.

Quote of the day: “It’s nice and all, but we have a lot of work to do. We got 10 games left.” – Horinek on CSU’s number one ranked defense.

Injury Report: WR Dustin Osborn (left ankle) and OC Tim Walter (right knee) are injured and may miss Saturday’s game.