Authors: Sara Crocker The Rocky Mountain Collegian

The five people arrested for theft and forgery are set to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. today to be advised about their rights and the charges against them.

Former CSU football player Tramell McGill turned himself in to Arizona Western College campus police in Yuma, Ariz., on Wednesday, said Jim Howell, sports information director for the college McGill attends, Arizona Western College.

“He’s there waiting for extradition to Colorado,” said Linda Jensen, spokeswoman for the Larimer County District Attorney.

McGill was also suspended from the college’s football team Wednesday in response to the allegations.

Preston Garcia has not turned himself in to police yet. The sophomore accounting major is wanted for theft and forgery.

On his Facebook account Wednesday at 6:39 p.m., hours after the other suspects had turned themselves in, Garcia posted his status as “in Mexico. Peace (expletive).”

Jensen would not comment about whether other players, or other teams, were being investigated as well.

“All I can tell you is that it’s an ongoing investigation,” Jensen said.

The five who will appear today, including current student Daniel Foster, current football players Robert Herbert, Micah Crews and Brian Abata, and Fort Collins resident Calee Chleboun, turned themselves in to police Wednesday.

A grand jury investigation into the case has been ongoing since November.

The arrest warrants allege the defendants withdrew money from different accounts with fraudulent checks or illegally obtained money orders.

Though officials will not comment on the exact amount of money allegedly stolen, each of the defendants is accused of stealing between $500 and $15,000, according to the suspects’ arrest warrants.

Herbert, 22, and Abata, 19, refused to comment Thursday. Others could not be reached.

News editor Sara Crocker can be reached at news@collegian.com.