Authors: Sarah Mast The Rocky Mountain Collegian

Local faith communities and religious organizations are joining together today to host the annual “Connect with your Faith Community” fair, sponsored by the University Religious Directors Association.

The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today on the Natural Resources Lawn. Local faith communities are set to have tables and representatives from their communities give out information to those interested in learning more.

The fair is billed as an event where students, faculty, administration and staff can get a better understanding of the local faith community in Fort Collins.

“It is an opportunity for students to connect or reconnect with their spirituality and faith background,” said Hedy Berman, director of Hillel Jewish Student Organization.

More than 20 groups are set to participate in the fair. The event will give students a chance to explore a variety of religious options, said Peggy Christiansen, director of the Geller Center for Spiritual Development.

“If students already know where they fit, they can find out what groups are available that fit within their tradition,” she said.

Students agreed that this fair will provide another way to mix with people from campus.

“The fair is a good way to get involved,” said Monica Williams, a sophomore marketing student. “It will be a good way to find out more about what is available.”

Berman said the groups work to provide comfort, connection and community for students and faculty.

“I think it is important for students to realize their spirituality can be a part of their life as a student,” Berman said.

Staff writer Sarah Mast can be reached at news@collegian.com.