Authors: Sean Star

Early in the week when some players may lack focus, offensive lineman coach Darrell Funk makes sure the intensity is there.

“You have to jumpstart guys sometimes, a couple of them needed jumping today, someone’s gotta do it,” Funk said after practice Tuesday, the team’s first day of preparations for this weekend’s Rocky Mountain Showdown against in-state rival Colorado-Boulder.

One player in need of no jumpstart was junior wide receiver George Hill, who returned to the practice field Tuesday for the first time since injuring his right knee on the second practice of two-a-days last month,

“Today I felt like a newcomer,” Hill said. The junior also said that his knee is at 90 percent after having surgery on it soon after sustaining the injury.

Hill ran drills with the first team offense and said that he is expected to return kicks for the Rams once again this season.

Quote of the Day: “I want to beat them (CU) so bad, I want to sit out the second half.” -Junior Wide Receiver George Hill on this weekend’s game versus CU-Boulder.

Play of the Day: Faced with a third and eight inside his own 20-yard-line, junior quarterback Caleb Hanie faked an option handoff to the right side and ran nine yards the opposite side of the field for a first down.