Eagles look to game five

Authors: Jordan Duvall, Scott Bondy

The Colorado Eagles will be looking to break a series tie with the

Oklahoma City Blazers tonight at the Budweiser Events Center. The playoff series is knotted at 2-2 heading into tonight’s game.

After losing Thursday night’s game 6-3, the Eagles will try to use home ice to take back the series lead before heading back to Oklahoma City for game six.

The series was tied at one game apiece before going to Oklahoma City for games three and four. On Tuesday evening, the Eagles came out victorious, winning 4-1 at the Cox Convention Center. The teams got one night of rest, then took the ice for game four.

Colorado couldn’t find their groove Thursday night as they went 0 for 8 on power play opportunities. However, the Blazers came out firing as they took a 3-2 lead at the end of the first period, and never looked back.

Game five will take place tonight, back in the friendly confines of the Budweiser Events Center.

The star of this season’s playoffs so far has been center Chris Hartsburg.

Awarded last season’s playoffs MVP award, Hartsburg has picked up right where he left off last year, recording four goals in four games thus far. But Greg Pankewicz has emerged as a points threat. He currently is tied for second with six points in the playoffs. The Blazers have been lead by Ryan Johnston and Jared Dumba, who both have six points in the playoffs as well.

A limited number of tickets are still available for tonight’s game but they are going fast. Faceoff is set for 7:05 p.m. at the Budweiser Events Center.