ASCSU voting begins

Authors: Elena Ulyanova

Voting for the 2006-2007 Associated Students of CSU election begins at 8 a.m. today and will continue until 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Students can vote by logging into RAMweb and accessing the link to the ASCSU election. Voting will also take place on the Lory Student Center plaza today through Wednesday during most of the day.

Jason Huitt, election manager, said that 22 percent of the student body voted in the 2005-2006 election and said that the university’s strategic plan calls for 25 percent as the goal.

“It depends on how many people are paying attention and how many people actually care,” Huitt said. “It feels like they have done everything they can to make sure everyone knows what’s going on.

In addition to voting for senators, vice president and president candidates, there will also be a place on the ballot for students to vote on the design of next year’s student identification card. There will be two options to choose from and the design that receives the most votes will be chosen.

The winners of the election will be announced at the conclusion of the senate meeting Wednesday night. Huitt predicted that this would be around 9 p.m. however said that it is subject to change.

The ASCSU presidential and vice presidential candidates are set to debate in the LSC plaza from noon to 1:30 p.m. today.