Authors: DREW GONZALES

For most students, Spring Break offers a chance to unwind and relax during the middle of the semester. For CSU's softball team it means a trip to California – not on the state's sandy beaches, but on the sandy infields of universities in the northern part of the state.

While most students get to enjoy the down time, this is one of the busiest times of year for the Rams, as they will play up to 13 games in only 10 days, depending on their performance.

The Rams' first stop on this lengthy road trip will be in San Jose, Calif., where they'll play in the National Invitational Softball Tournament. Friday night's opponent may be their toughest of the season to date, the No. 7 ranked California Golden Bears.

The Golden Bears will be the Rams' third opponent this season from the powerhouse PAC-10. The Rams split their first two games against PAC-10 schools, with a win against Oregon and a narrow defeat to Oregon State.

From San Jose, CSU will make a quick stop in Stockton, Calif., for an afternoon double-header against Pacific, before moving on to Sacramento for the Capital Classic Softball Tournament.

Professional teams rarely see a schedule this crowded, so this stretch of games will be an excellent test of endurance and focus for the Rams.

Drew Gonzales can be reached at sports@collegian.com