A few months before 9/11, Larry Silverstein took out a 99-year lease for the twin towers and invested in a large insurance policy. He also leased Building Seven in the 80s. Coincidently, shortly after, "terrorists" attacked Manhattan and those three buildings were destroyed. So from insurance policies Larry Silverstein profited about $500 million from building seven alone. It all worked out pretty good for him. The collapse of building seven is suspicious. There is evidence, and monetary motive, that Mr. Silverstein decided to bring it down and demolish it. First of all, there were photos right before the collapse that show small fires on two or three floors. A shocking statement made by Larry Silverstein in a PBS documentary "America Rebuilds" implies that he intentionally had the building brought down. The statement reads, "I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse." The term "pull" means to demolish a building using explosives and controlled demolition. It is interesting that any building in the WTC complex that was not owned or leased by Silverstein Properties remained standing. Therefore, we should be concerned about the less-than-transparent management style of Larry Silverstein. If the government's official account of 9/11 is true, there should not be controversial business practices like this and so many unanswered questions.

David Ballantine

freshman

open option