Authors: Stacey Zynen

For the second time this season, CSU will compete against the University of New Mexico, only this time the Lobos will host the Rams at their house in Albuquerque. UNM is currently ranked third in the conference after losing their last two games to BYU and Utah.

The Lobos (16-6, 6-3 MWC) have three players averaging points in double digits, led by sophomore forward Dionne Marsh who has recorded 16.4 points per contest. Junior guard Katie Montgomery has 50 three-pointers for the season, averaging 11.3 points per game. Senior Abbie Letz averages 10 points per game and leads the team in rebounding with an average of 7.7.

"We are going to need communication on defense and we'll hopefully transition that over to offense," said CSU shooting guard Sara Hunter. "New Mexico is a really good team. We played them well at home earlier in the season and the key to this game is to attack them on defense and shut down some of their key players."

The Rams (8-12, 2-7 MWC) are coming off a road win against San Diego State on Saturday, where they blocked a season-high eight shots. They held the Aztecs to a conference season-low 55 points and had two conference-highs of nine steals and 14 assists in the contest.

CSU will have to come out ready to play as they lost their last four games against New Mexico. The last time CSU beat the Lobos in Albuquerque was in 1998.

The Rams average 67.5 points per game, in comparison to the Lobos who have 64.8 points on average. CSU also averages 38 rebounds per game, two more than New Mexico's 36.

"I think we're ready to play," Hunter said.

Tip-off is set for 7 p.m.

Conference Standings

1. BYU 19-1 9-0

2. UTAH 15-5 6-3

3. NEW MEXICO 16-6 6-3

4. TCU 11-8 5-3

5. WYOMING 15-5 5-4

6. UNLV 13-7 5-4

7. AIR FORCE 11-9 2-7

8. COLORADO STATE 8-12 2-7

9. SAN DIEGO STATE 3-16 0-9

New Mexico (16-6, 6-3 MWC) Ranked 3rd in MWC

Colorado State (8-12, 2-7 MWC) Ranked 8th in MWC