Authors: Stacey Zynen

For the first time since 1979, the Air Force Falcons beat Colorado State in Moby Arena, winning 76-60 Thursday night. With starting guard Vanessa Espinoza out for the second game due to a concussion, the Rams seemed to struggle with their rhythm on the court.

"I'm disappointed we didn't play harder tonight. Air Force played a great game. They prepared hard, and they didn't settle for anything. They deserved this game," said head coach Jenn Warden. "This is happening on my watch so I put the burden on my shoulders.

The past week was looking dismal considering three Ram starters were absentfrom practice on Wednesday.

"We have no options but to have every player give us everything they've got," Warden said.

Senior captain Lindsay Thomas led the Rams in scoring for the night with a team-high of 18 points and 10 rebounds. Two other players had double digits for the Rams, including shooting guard Sara Hunter, who had 11 points, and team center Marilyn Moulton with 10.

Air Force jumped out to an early lead in the first two minutes and kept it for the majority of the game. The Rams gave up 23 turnovers through the course of the game, and shot 35 percent from the floor in comparison to the 45.9 percent performance by the Falcons.

The Falcons were led by starting guard Letricia Castillo who scored a career-high 28 points including five shots from beyond the arc. Their second highest scorer was forward Alecia Steele who contributed 18 points and seven rebounds.

Next up for the Rams will be San Diego State (3-15, 0-8 MWC) on Saturday in California. The SDSU Aztecs are currently ranked last in the Mountain West Conference. Coach Warden said that she is not sure how she will prepare for the game.

"Rest and recovery is what this teams needs. We have one day to turn around, then we'll need to come out and play hard. (Vanessa) Espinoza will most likely not be playing," Warden said.

The game will be at 3 p.m.