Authors: Trevor Edy

The best team in the country, the best coach in the country and, to make the trifecta complete, the best player in the country. J.J. Redick is the best player in college basketball right now.

Ok, so that Dirk Diggler look-a-like, Adam Morrison, averages 28.3 to Redick's 27.3. Put Redick in the West Coast Conference and he would be putting up Kobe Bryant-type numbers in that whack league.

When J.J. was busy sending the then No. 2 team in the country (Texas) home after a 31-point loss, Morrison was barely keeping it together against teams like Idaho, Saint Louis, Eastern Washington and San Diego. Who?

Redick on the other hand is so good that he makes the rest of his team look average. Duke is stacked with All-Americans and future NBA stars; still J.J. shines.

If you watched the Texas game you would know that he was unstoppable shooting the rock; he scored 41 points (nine 3-pointers), one of his two 40-point games this season.

Redick shoots from places that Morrison can only dream of, this fool has unlimited range. He's Redick-ulous! He's the most reliable 3-point shooter in the nation. Some haters claim he doesn't play defense, however, he has yet to be exposed on the defensive end while playing in one of the most competitive conferences in the nation.

I don't even like the Blue Devils and the rest of their bandwagon fans, but you have to give respect where it is due. I would love to see that mustache-wearing hippy play alongside a true freshman point guard.

He has always been great, dating all the way back to high school J.J. has made a name for himself by setting the scoring record in Virginia. He is averaging 18.8 points a night in his four-year career with the Blue Devils.

Morrison should probably stick with trying to beat Redick on Xbox Live because that's the only thing he'll be better at.

When it comes down to it, with a game on the line there is no one in college hoops who deserves the ball more than Redick. He shoots over 40 percent from beyond the arc and is automatic from the free throw line. His sophomore year he made over 95 percent of his free throw attempts.

And if everything Redick does on the court isn't enough, he adds to it his ability to lead. The most-hated college basketball player will eventually become the most wanted player in the NBA draft.