Authors: Jenny Ivy

63rd Annual Golden Globe Award winners:

Best Picture – Drama: Brokeback Mountain

Best Picture – Musical or Comedy: Walk the Line

Actor in a Leading Role – Drama: Philip Seymour Hoffman in Capote

Actor in a Leading Role – Musical or Comedy: Joaquin Phoenix in Walk the Line

Actress in a Leading Role – drama: Felicity Huffman in Transamerica

Actress in a Leading Role – Musical or Comedy: Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line

Actor in a Supporting Role: George Clooney in Syriana

Actress in a Supporting Role: Rachel Weisz in The Constant Gardener

Director: Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain

Screenplay: Brokeback Mountain

Original Score: John Williams for Memoirs of a Geisha

Original song: "A Love that will Never Grow Old" from Brokeback Mountain

Foreign Film: Paradise Now

Television Series – Drama: Lost

Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Desperate Housewives

Mini-Series or Television Movie: Empire Falls

Actor in a leading role – Musical or Comedy Series: Steve Carell in The Office

Actor in a leading role – mini-series or television movie: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers in Elvis

Actress in a Leading Role – Musical or Comedy series: Mary-Louise Parker in Weeds

Actress in a leading Role – mini-series or television movie: S. Epatha Merkerson in Lackawanna Blues

Actor in a Supporting Role – Series, Mini-series or Television movie: Paul Newman in Empire Falls

Actress in a Supporting Role – Series, Mini-series or Television movie: Sandra Oh in Grey's Anatomy

Monday night's airing of the 63rd Annual Golden Globe Awards may have boosted NBC's ratings by 2 million more viewers this year with 18.7 million tuning in, but it seems skepticism still circulates amid network execs concerning rumors that the Golden Globes may help raise ratings for the Academy Awards, set to air March 5 on ABC.

Undoubtedly, this year's Oscar buzz now focuses on "Brokeback Mountain," a romantic drama adapted from E. Annie Proulx's story about a secretive love between two cowboys, played by Jake Gyllenhaal ("Jarhead") and Heath Ledger ("The Patriot").

The film received four Golden Globe Awards this year, including Best Picture Drama, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Original Song.

The Golden Globes have notoriously been known to be somewhat of a predictor as to which picture will win big at the Academy Awards. Yet, amidst the buzz, where has the Hollywood fascination and anticipation gone among younger viewers?

In recent years, the Academy Awards peaked in 1997 when "Titanic" sank the competition, winning 11 awards, including Best Picture, and had the highest box office revenue ever, taking in about $200 million.

Since then, the Oscar ratings have not soared, much to ABC's dismay. Trying to boost ratings last year, the network brought in Chris Rock to draw in younger viewers who were believed to be more attune to popular culture. At the time, Rock embodied pop culture appeal, a feature that media executives deemed could suck in viewers age 17 to 25.

It didn't work. Oscar ratings dropped five percent last year.

While overall ratings are still high for the awards ceremony, there remains a large chunk of the nation who hasn't even seen the most talked about movie of the season, which also happen to be up for a Best Picture bid.

As of this past weekend, "Brokeback Mountain" remains ninth at the box office, earning only $30 million after having been released for more than 40 days. The film, at this point, still has yet to be released to every theater in the nation.

Comparably, Quentin Tarantino's racy production "Hostel" had earned over $35 million after having been out in theaters for 10 days.

The numbers are low, but the hype is big.

However, "Hollywood" hype may not hook the interest of college-aged moviegoers.

If one glamorous January award show such as the Golden Globes can be a fairly good predictor of who wins in March, why hike up the anticipation for the Academy Awards?

With rising Comedy Central star Jon Stewart set to host the Oscars, it seems as though ABC execs are pumping up the pop culture allure yet again to draw in younger viewers. Will the nation (or at least those under 30) be watching?