Authors: President Penley

This time of year always brings an opportunity to reflect on my experiences here at Colorado State University. For me, without question, the highlight of this year have been getting to know so many students across campus that have impressed me with their commitment, sincerity and confidence in the future.

In a few days, we'll be saying goodbye to a group of students who have truly made a difference at this institution. Our graduates are ending their college careers and preparing to move on to the next phase of their personal and professional lives. I hope everyone on campus will join me in congratulating these students on their achievements and celebrating their many successes.

We live in an economy that is driven by knowledge and education, where individual progress depends largely on a person's passion for lifelong learning. Our graduates are now well-prepared to become active, contributing leaders in this society, and they will be challenged to seek ways to continue to expand their understanding of our world and their role within it.

Graduates, no matter what the future holds, you will always remain alumni of Colorado State University. In the years ahead, we will follow your accomplishments and look forward to your visits back to our campus, but most of all, we will take pride in knowing that your Colorado State education is proving of value to you and to our society.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Larry Edward Penley

President