Authors: Mandy Billings

The Office of Women's Programs and Studies is currently accepting program proposals for the second annual CSU Women's Conference.

Faculty and students have until Monday to submit program proposals that will look at women's issues and coincide with the conference's theme: "Empowering Women: Come Together to Move Forward."

"Last year we had a wide variety of faculty and students, both undergraduate and graduate, who did awesome programs," said Chris Linder, Women's Programs and Studies director.

According to program guidelines, www.wps.colostate.edu/pdf documents/wps_conference_call.doc, creative and highly participatory formats are recommended for programming proposals. Suggested topics include activism and community involvement, career development, international women's issues and leadership development.

"It's really geared toward women and issues women commonly deal with on campus," Linder said.

Although the focus of the conference is on women, those interested in submitting program proposals are advised to remember that men and women from a variety of cultural backgrounds will be in attendance, according to the Web site.

Notification of program selection is scheduled for early January. The CSU's Women's Conference is Feb. 18.