Authors: Stacey Zynen

The CSU women's basketball team will hit the road for the first time this season when they play Denver tonight at 7 p.m. Head coach Jen Warden and the Rams will see how they fare away from friendly Moby Arena where they've recorded a 4-1 record this season.

"This team is still a huge experiment. I am excited to get on the road," Warden said.

The Rams have won the last 10 times they've met the DU Pioneers, including the previous three in Denver. Pioneer head coach Pam Tanner will be looking for her first victory over CSU, holding a 0-2 record against the Rams in her 11 years of coaching at DU. Coach Warden is also looking to win her first game against the Pioneers in the series.

DU will be led by sophomore Sara Benham who is averaging 9.4 points and 6.4 rebounds per game, as well as junior forward Lauren Reini who has contributed 6.8 points per game and 4.8 boards.

Rams Senior Melissa Dennett will be looking to score a double-double for the fourth time in the 2005-06 season. Dennett is one of four Rams that have averaged double-digit points every game this year including Sara Hunter, Lindsay Thomas and Vanessa Espinoza. Molly Nohr leads the Rams in assists with 29.

The Rams have averaged just less than 80 points per game compared to DU who has averaged 71.4 points in their five games so far this season. CSU is coming off their best defensive game of the season in which they held Portland to just 58 points Sunday.

The game will be televised on Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain, the second televised game of the season. They were 0-6 all-time in games that were televised until they beat the CU Buffaloes earlier this season.