Judgment of homosexuals

Christians have been under attack for supposedly "condemning and judging" homosexuals. I believe that they have been gravely misinterpreted.

Unfortunately, there have been some "Christians" who have said inflammatory remarks toward homosexuals that are definitely un-Christ like.

I want to make sure that people understand this does not represent the majority of Christians.

For the sake of discussion, we must understand that according to the Bible it IS a sin to commit homosexual acts. No matter what translation you read, it can't be mistaken. There are many verses in both the New and Old Testaments about how God wants humans to behave in this area, which includes fornication between heterosexuals as well. If you don't believe me, read: Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1:24-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 7:2.

A very important note to make is that God sees every sin, no matter how miniscule that it may seem to us – to Him it doesn't make any difference; a sin is a sin. This is why a lot of Christians aren't condemning or judging homosexuals, but warn them not to be fooled by the false doctrine of the condoning of this behavior. So how do we free ourselves from this bondage of sin and destruction? We are forgiven by the blood in his Son our Lord Jesus Christ by actually changing our behavior through repentance of sin and accepting Jesus as our Savior. This is what Jesus conveyed so all sinners don't fall on the ultimate judgment of God in the End Days and end up in Hades. This isn't new to most and some will take it with a grain of salt; that is your choice, but for those who are hungry for more answers, seek Him, for He is knocking.

Jacob Francis

sophomore

political science