I think we all owe Miss Dzintars a heartfelt thank you for her sexual expose in Thursday's Collegian. Without her insightful and groundbreaking journalism, the sexual revolution that began in the sixties might find itself stalled or doomed. It is also good for Miss Dzintars to reveal that sex is now a pastime. I'm sure she will not be lacking in finding others who are eager and willing to help her carry out her new hobby. College men everywhere are arguing what the big hoopla about baseball was, now that this new pastime has been discovered.

Yes folks with her "Viva La Female Sexual Revolution" article Miss Dzintars is well on her way to a Pulitzer by exposing the, until now, unknown fact that college students enjoy sexual activity. Her glib approach to the subject, however, leaves out many issues concerning sexual activity and health on college campuses. Here is where the eye rolling can begin as I switch into killjoy mode.

According to the American Social Health Association 1 in 5 people in the United States has an STD and two-thirds of all STDs occur in people 25 years of age or younger.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to (gasp) take personal responsibility? I know, I know, professors and pregnancy planning counselors everywhere are woozy at the thought of personal responsibility. But that's OK, because we can always fall back on the fact that nearly 35 percent of women will have an abortion before the age of 45. And that's something our "society" doesn't seem to have a problem with.

In closing, Miss Dzintars, thank you for giving us the sexual OK. I'm sure college women everywhere are sighing in ecstasy right now because of your article.

Yours prudely, I mean truly,

Richard Lynn Jr.

senior

political science major