Authors: James Baetke

A former CSU day care employee faces charges of taping children in various stages of undress, including recording the genitals of children using the bathroom, court records show.

Jan Rogers, 28, is being held at the Larimer County Detention center awaiting a Jan. 4 court appearance on local charges that he filmed children at the University Children's Center located on campus and of children he baby-sat in the community.

His incarceration in Fort Collins is counting towards his 20-year prison term after a federal investigation found him guilty on child pornography and exploitation in June.

Rogers worked at the daycare facility for about five years and graduated from CSU in 2000 with a bachelor's degree in human development and family studies. A background check on Rogers did not turn up any red flags before he was hired, said Brad Bohlander, university spokesman.

According to court documents released last week, Rogers faces five counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust, five counts of sexual assault on a child and three counts of sexual exploitation.

The incidents allegedly occurred at two Fort Collins homes where Rogers baby-sat and at the daycare center. A total of nine children, no older than 5 years old, are alleged to be have been abused in a federal investigation that began to unfold in 2002 when federal authorities seized two videos from Rogers home, records show.