Authors: Ryan Skeels

It's a bite to review a movie of such magnitude as "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," when it's got a following bigger than Middle Earth could even handle. There are the diehard fans who have worn through the spines of all six books 10 times over, ready to tear any naysayer apart limb by limb. There are those who couldn't care less about this Potter kid and wonder why the Collegian would waste its time with such trash. Then there are those who have the first book on their shelves and are waiting for just the right time to crack the cover, deciding to take the Cliff's Notes route and watch the movies before diving into the imagination-stirring stories themselves. The latter is the category I've chosen to rest comfortably in, and so far it's been an entertaining and, at times, a near jaw-dropping experience – that is, if you dream of either flying to Never Never Land or would do anything to live the muggle-free life of magic.

It's another year at Hogwarts and it's started off with Harry and his crew attending the Quidditch World Cup to witness some professional play. Voldemort's Death Eaters, however, have different plans. They band together and turn the place to rubble, leaving behind the Dark Mark warning of the big V's growing power. There's no time to waste worrying, or even explaining such matters though, with Hogwarts hosting this year's Tri-Wizard Tournament. One contestant from Hogwarts and the two other schools will be chosen by the mystical goblet to compete in three harrowing events in an attempt to be crowned the best wand-whirler in the land. Something is surely amiss, however, when the goblet spits out two names to represent Hogwarts instead of one, and of course, you-know-who just happens to be chosen.

It wasn't too much of a surprise when I heard the kids were going to be more mature and grown up in this fourth installment, but I was a bit taken aback when I saw how much. I expected the flirting and the kids falling in love, and even a few curse words here and there with the PG-13 rating and all. However, It was a bit unexpected and honestly annoying to hear only "bloody hell" and comments about watching women walk come out of Weasley's mouth. Sure that's what kids his age talk about, but not solely, and certainly not in the situations he was in.

The cinematography and use of CGI exceeds that of the previous movies, as expected with the three different tasks in the tournament, reminding how much technology has exceeded since the day of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea." The maze scene at the end and the graveyard shots are particularly awesome. There's even a little gore splattered throughout the flick with a fork stab in the hand and a total hand chop to really push that PG-13 rating.

For everyone who hasn't read the book, this is definitely a movie worth checking out, especially if you like magic and dragons and all that nerdy stuff. If you've read the book, then well, you're definitely into that sort of stuff and have probably already seen the flick. But just in case, it's good. Go check it out. 4 out of 5 ramheads.