Authors: TANNER BENNETT

It's an honor to be here taking on Brett. Did you all know that Brett is the lead singer of his own emo band? How fun and trendy. Well that's neither here nor there, let's get on with it.

This week's topic of discussion is, "If you were a general manager in the National Basketball Association, which coach would you rather hire – Phil Jackson or Larry Brown?" After much contemplation, I was left with just a few questions of my own.

How hard could it be to coach one of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA?

How hard could it be to coach the greatest player in the history of the NBA?

How much of your soul is lost while writing a kiss-and-tell book about your former players?

The answers: easy, easier and the whole thing.

Phil Jackson is not only overrated, he's soulless, spineless and classless. That is why any intelligent general manager in the NBA would know to hire Larry Brown over the Zen Master.

I am a basketball purist. My favorite memories involve watching the '90s era Bulls with my dad. Back then, Jackson was a man of character. As a child I never would have thought that one man could go from such an idol to such a scumbag.

Nowadays, Jackson isn't even deserving of his nickname.

The "Zen Master"? I could be the Zen Master if I had coached the 1995-96 Bulls, the greatest assembled team of all time. How much Zen does it take to coach Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman?

Jackson sold off the last remaining piece of his soul upon the release of his most recent book, titled "The Last Season." The book was supposed to be a chronicle of Jackson's last season with the Lakers but it turned into more of a kiss-and-tell book about the petty squabbling of Jackson's players. In the book, Jackson whined and moaned about Kobe Bryant, the one man that kept his career afloat since Jackson left the Bulls.

In his book, Jackson went so far as to call Bryant "un-coachable." Although allegations of rape virtually sealed the coffin that is Bryant's reputation, Jackson's book was the final nail. Oddly enough however, Jackson then came back to coach Bryant and the Lakers a season later.

This season Larry Brown is joining the New York Knicks after two seasons with the Detroit Pistons, which included two division championships and a league championship title.

Brown has won at every level. He has even won a championship with the University of Kansas, and he has taken a team (UCLA) to the final four.

You have to respect a coach that can turn any team he coaches into a championship caliber team. He is the only NBA coach to ever take six different teams to the playoffs. All Jackson has done is take championship caliber teams and keep them there (or in the case of the Lakers, destroy them).

Now, I am not saying that Larry Brown is even all that great a coach but in comparison to Jackson, he's definitely the lesser of two evils. Jackson used to be great, but he has practically auctioned off any resemblance of that man on eBay. Any rational manager in the league would be a fool to choose Jackson over Brown.