Authors: Chris Gerken

Last Game: Win over Bossier-Shreveport 5 -3.

Next Game: Colorado @ Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Friday, Nov. 11

After a humiliating 6-1 loss last week to the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs, the Colorado Eagles came into Friday night's game intent on settling the score. Colorado played a solid, disciplined game to pull out a 5-3 win.

"It was much-needed," Eagles forward Garret Larson said. "After Wednesday night, everybody kind of felt down. We're a much better team than that. Everybody manned-up, and the whole team played 10-times better. Everybody came out flying."

The Eagles made sure the Bugs weren't overly confident early; Larson slid in a goal from a Greg Pankewicz feed three minutes into the start of the game. While they were unable to score again in the first, Colorado made their presence known with a commanding 16 shots, opposed to six for Bossier-Shreveport.

The Eagles managed to open the second period on a similarly high note, getting a power play goal from Riley Nelson just 19 seconds in to pad their lead. The Bugs were discouraged but certainly not out, cutting Colorado's lead back to one after a power play goal of their own from Brett Smith. The shifting momentum continued to move between the two teams as Greg Pankewicz's one-timer to restore the two goal lead was again dampened by Bossier-Shreveport's Smith when he added his second goal near the end of the second. Smith went on to score a shorthanded goal in the third to cement a hat trick and tie the game.

"They came back and tied it up, and there was no let-down," Eagles forward Ryan Tobler said. "There was a resiliency where everybody was like 'You know what? That's not going to beat us.' "

It was Tobler's goal midway through the third period that recaptured the lead for good for the Eagles. Larson bounced a shot off a Bugs defender to end the game and lift Colorado to a 5-3 final score, and a 4-2-0 overall record for the season.

"We're going to be a great team. We've just got to keep moving our feet and working hard," Larson said.