Another physical practice

Authors: Nick Piburn

Last Week: CSU beat UNM 35-25 in Albuquerque

This Week: CSU at TCU in Fort Worth 5 p.m.

Next Week: CSU vs. SDSU at Hughes Stadium 1 p.m.

For a second straight practice the Rams worked into the night with the help of the field's lights.

In preparation for the big conference game against TCU, the Rams have stepped up the intensity to try and get an early start on the Horned Frogs in Saturday's game, something the Rams have struggled with the past four games. The team wore shorts rather than regular football pants, but it didn't affect the intensity.

"The shorts are more for the skill position guys to let everyone know to stay off their legs," said junior offensive lineman Clint Oldenburg. "It's still full go every play, and it was almost as physical tonight as it was last night."

Most of the hour and forty minute practice was devoted to scout work for TCU. The Horned Frogs have an offense that has evolved into more of a run dominant unit with the insertion of junior quarterback Jeff Ballard into the starting lineup.

Ballard took over after the starter, senior Tye Gunn, went down with an injury. Gunn is back but Ballard will get the start against the Rams.

Injury Report

Senior offensive lineman Albert Bimper (hamstring) is questionable; he practiced in shorts Tuesday. Senior defensive lineman Delroy Parke (knee) is questionable. Redshirt freshman Shawn McGovern (concussion) and junior blocking-back Tristan Walker (ankle) are doubtful for TCU.

TV

This game with TCU will not be televised. For live updates of the game go to csurams.com, and for a recap following the game, including stats, go to collegian.com.