To the Editor:

I would like to start out by saying how disappointed I am in the general response of the CSU campus regarding the Collegiate Farm Bureau flier. I was even more disgusted when I read "Racist and Tactless" by Jake Blumberg on Oct. 31. In this article, it is painfully obvious Mr. Blumberg has never been to history class. If he had, he might know there are few groups in history that have never faced persecution by their peers because of their race, their religion or simply for the color of their hair. There are also few groups in history that have had the luxury of dealing with these absurd accusations in a non-violent manner.

So the next time you see something that makes you a little uncomfortable Mr. Blumberg, don't read too much into it…take the time to look at the big picture. If you were to "take a moment to read the text above it" (or below the article in this case), you might see the truth. And the truth in this case is Mr. Blumberg wrote a very articulate summary of his "assumptions," and as noted at the bottom of the page, is a dual major, which is not an easy task to accomplish. I applaud the fact you can express yourself so clearly, and you are committing yourself to two majors…that truly is great. But do us all a favor. The next time you write an article, try to apply the things you've learned in your two majors so far. Attempt to take some time to think about what you are saying, and give us something based on facts and research instead of simply dictating to us your unfortunate assumptions. Be part of the solution Mr. Blumberg, not the problem.

Landon Smith

senior

agricultural business/animal sciences