Authors: Nick Piburn

Most weeks the Rams just condition and watch film on Mondays, but then again most weeks the Rams play on Saturday. This week the Rams play at 6 p.m. Friday in lbuquerque, against the University of New Mexico. The game will be televised on ESPN2.

Since the Rams haven't won any road games this season, Monday's practice had an urgent feeling to it.

"I definitely wasn't ready for the tempo, the coaches came out a little pumped up," said senior offensive lineman Mike Brisiel. "I thought the offense did a real good job. It was a real quick pace for the spider pads (small shoulder pads). I thought we got a lot of work done."

The Rams ran at the beginning of practice then worked some individual drills before ending with mandatory scout work on New Mexico.

The Rams will be back out at practice today on the fields south of Moby.

Injury Report

Senior linebacker Jahmal Hall is out for the season and will have his injured left knee scoped today. Junior safety Lukas Davis may possibly have surgery on his left knee and is out indefinitely. Sophomore linebacker John Nichols will have surgery on his right shoulder and is out for the remainder of the season. Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Shawn McGoveran has a concussion and is out indefinitely. Senior offensive lineman Albert Bimper's hamstring has not responded as hoped; he is questionable for Friday. Senior defensive lineman Delroy Parke is hopeful to return to practice today after he had his knee scoped two weeks ago; he is questionable for Friday. Redshirt freshman safety Mike Pagnotta is hopeful to return to practice this week and is listed as questionable for Friday.

Players of the Week

The Rams had two players honored last week in the win over Wyoming. Senior quarterback Justin Holland was named Mountain West Conference Player of the Week. Holland was 20-for-37 with 419 passing yards, four touchdowns and one interception against a Cowboys' pass defense that was ranked eighth in the nation in total yards going into the Border War. Sophomore cornerback Joey Rucks was named MWC special teams Player of the Week for his efforts in the Wyoming game as well. Rucks recorded four tackles on special teams and recovered a fumble, which led to a CSU touchdown.