Authors: Aaron Schoonmaker

When it comes to women's lacrosse at CSU students tend to be in the dark. If you are searching for a women's lacrosse answer you have to go no further than the CSU fields.

The visiting Falcons were outscored on Sunday 30-6 in two games that ended in wins for both the Rams varsity and junior varsity teams.

"Six goals is still kind of a lot to Air Force," said senior defenseman Megan Ormston. "But 30-6 speaks for itself. We are going to goal so well."

The real story of the two games was the individual efforts put forth in game one featuring the varsity squad. An 18-goal entourage, without the help of stand-out Jen Gunlikson, left Air Force heads spinning.

Dana Nilson and Kate Sebesta each had a hat trick, but player of the day honors go to Lindsay Brown, hands down. Brown had a seven-goal effort and added four assists, giving her eleven points before noon.

"Lindsay is so good with both hands she can really surprise defenders," said Nilson. "And her footwork is so good she can really take it to net."

The differences for the Rams this season is the team concept. But fantastic, individual offensive efforts don't hurt.

"Our team plays so well together. We get along so well," Nilson said. "But we're not afraid to take it to goal, we haven't even put our plays together and we score."

Score a lot. But one can also be impressed with the play of the mid-field.

"Our attack should be unstoppable," Ormston said. "Our mid-field transitions are so strong. Come spring when we have all five here it will show that that's how we win games."

On tap for women's sticks is the Alumni Game next weekend and a trip to Regis in a couple weeks.