Authors: Kathryn Dailey

CSU President Larry Penley announced Monday the university will undergo major administrative reorganization.

According to a press release, the Board of Governors endorsed the reorganization "to enhance the university's value to the people of Colorado, reduce internal service redundancy, improve emphasis on teaching and outreach and provide greater financial stability to the organization as a whole in the years ahead."

Some of the changes being made include:

• The streamlining of admissions' elements and the creation of a new vice president for admissions to concentrate on service and marketing to students, both prospective and enrolled, and parents.
  • The formation of the Center for Pedagogical and Learning Investigation (CPALI), created by the merging of two offices to allow faculty to use new technologies, resources from the Office of instructional Services will then go to CPALI.
  • The creation of the vice provost for outreach and strategic partnerships to increase services to agricultural industry and other critical Colorado industries

"In making these changes, our goal is to position the university well to address the changing needs of its constituents, better support Colorado's rural and agricultural communities and increase institutional efficiency in light of increasing budget limitations," Penley said in a press release.

Read the Collegian for more information on these changes.