Authors: Ryan Skeels

For having only five movies under his belt, Cameron Crowe seems to be one of the most familiar names in the Beverly Hills region. Of course, with such profound releases as "Jerry Maguire" and "Almost Famous," not to mention his impeccable job with Rolling Stone, it's really no wonder he receives such recognition. His latest, this past weekend's release of "Elizabethtown," will certainly do nothing to tarnish this reputation.

Leaving his wussy little bow behind for once, Orlando Bloom assumes the lead role as lost-in-life shoe designer Drew Baylor. With what was supposed to rake in millions of dollars, Drew's latest shoe design ends up getting recalled, costing the company nearly a billion bucks instead, not to mention Mr. Baylor his job.

Realizing he has nothing left to live for, Drew combines a knife with an exercise machine and creates the ultimate suicidal device. With just moments until what certainly would have been the most flawed attempt at death, the poor man's cell phone starts vibrating on the table, and we all now how annoying that can be. Abandoning his death-device Drew picks up the phone to his sister balling over the midnight death of their father and putting all of the responsibility for the memorial on his shoulders. Figuring it couldn't really get much worse, he jumps on the next plane to Kentucky to work out the processions.

Talk about the last place you'd ever expect to find a little romantic affair, here enters the strangely outgoing and passionate flight attendant Claire, played by Kirsten Dunst. The two of them sort of hit it off, leading to Claire's unexpected visits here and there throughout the film until the why-can't-I-find-a-girl-as-incredible-as-this ending.

It's hard to picture someone like Orlando Bloom taking a more sappy role such as this, but he really did do a good job, and if you sort of squint he looks like Frodo, which made some of the scenes that much more entertaining. Kirsten Dunst's role seems awkward and creepy at first appearance, but as time goes one you'll find an urge to knock Orlando out of his shoes and do your best elf impression for the lass.

The flick seems to be a near perfect mix of laughter, love, drama and inspiration. Although it shares absolutely nothing in common with last years wine-guzzling wonder "Sideways," "Elizabethtown" gives off the same emotions of love and life-changing dialogue. From sitting in a death seat, to arranging his father's afterlife memorial, to meeting the girl of his dreams, you know some pretty serious introspective moments are in store for Drew.

If you're looking to spend some quality time with a loved one, a nice quiet afternoon with some close friends or an introspective afternoon of your own, "Elizabethtown" should be on your after-school itinerary.

4 out of 5