Authors: Ryan Skeels

The first place trophy for the most entertaining, sassy, 'alternative' actress has just been snatched out of Christina Ricci's mitts and hand delivered to the beautiful Keira Knightley via her latest role as Domino Harvey, bounty hunter. Not only does she walk around pretending not be bet the biggest badass in town, when she really is, but she loves to play with all sorts of exciting weapons and won't take no guff from no one.

In case you were unaware of the facts, Domino was an actual bounty hunter in Los Angeles who sold her story to New Line Cinema a couple years ago in hopes it would receive an accurate portrayal. Hollywood, being as it is though, the story got manipulated a little here and stretched a little there, most notably and annoyingly ignoring the fact she didn't lead a strictly heterosexual life. Long story short, she has since passed away, and while she was actually alive, apparently wasn't the happiest camper about the way everything was unfolding.

All fact or fiction squabbles aside, "Domino" is actually a pretty entertaining movie that does a darn good job of turning her image into one of an emotionless, tough as nails, gun toting female. Her boss, sidekick and close friend Ed Moseby is played by the "Sin City" spectacular Micky Rourke who once again shows us what good acting is made of and shows Domino the ropes of the hunt. Another pleasant surprise was the presence of Lucy Liu as Domino's interrogator and quasi-narrator of the story.

The cinematography was pretty neat for the most part, doing the whole "Man on Fire" flashy, sepia toned graphics, which may have been a bit much at times, but mostly just made for some awesome adrenaline pumping excitement. Any movie, where you have seriously nasty bad guys, seriously rough-and-tough peacekeepers, and then throw Keira Knightley and nun-chucks in the mix could still use kindergartner-drawn graphics and manage to be an astounding action flick.

It's also interesting to point out that Richard Kelly is the man responsible for a good portion of the screenplay and story. If his name doesn't ring a bell, his instant classic and most name-dropped movie of the past five years, "Donnie Darko" certainly will.

Anyone who likes action flicks with lots of bang and booms would probably find themselves to the bottom of the popcorn bag before the end of the credits. It may not be even remotely accurate to the actual story, but we'll never know what really happened, so you may as well forget about it and watch the fireworks.

3.5 out of 5