To the Editor:

I attended the football game on Saturday. The Rams on the field played a great game, but certain Ram sportsmanship in the stands went downhill with every passing quarter. I felt my safety was threatened as the game continued and CSU fans became increasingly aggressive.

Specifically, I was sitting in the student section on the edge of the seats, right next to the opening to the seating. Without notice a group of six or seven guys came around the corner and were severely fighting one lone male. He was thrown to the cement steps and beaten with no defense. Sounds of fists beating flesh and surrounding fans yelling 'stop', with no influence over the situation, continued for minutes. I was being pushed by this group as they were shoving into me. I thought I was going to be hit. Crowd members pursued the boys to try and stop the fighting; it took several of them before it halted. Thankfully one member of the group was taken away by CSUPD after the fans had identified him as one of the men involved.

This is only an example of what I witnessed as the game continued. I noticed that my attention went from focusing on the game to increased awareness of my surroundings to ensure my safety.

I was disappointed and appalled to say the least. This classless act should never happen in such an environment with students, families and innocent bystanders present. This is not what I should have to worry about and consider before I go to a student athletic event, but in the future I will.

Kathryn Tracy

senior, psychology major

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

Kathryn Tracy

senior, psychology major