Authors: Dominic Graziano

I want to start out by saying I have nothing against helping the community. I think it is ever so noble to take time out of your busy schedule to do some good for the better of mankind. It was for that reason I volunteered Saturday.

The day started at 11 a.m. with Positive Impact. Not a bad time to roll out of bed, especially considering my classes start at 8 a.m.

For those of you out of the loop, Positive Impact is the bane of all tailgaters' existence. Ok, it isn't that bad. Basically Positive Impacters get to walk around the Hughes' parking lot and ask people not to get to out of control.

Quick math: game starts at 4 p.m., tailgating starts at noon'ish; that's four hours of wandering around in the dirt telling inebriated college students to keep the partying to a minimum.

Over the course of those four hours I saw many things: A truck bed full of snow, a naked toddler, an unhealthy abundance of empty beer cans and somewhere around eight million barbeques. And oh yeah, a horse-driven police officer confiscating a beer bong.

The time was nearing 8 p.m. as the last seconds of the game ticked away, which gave me just enough time to make it to Ram Ride by 9.

I have worked RamRide on many occasions. I was there for both the 10,000 ride and 25,000 ride this past weekend.

When I work RamRide, I usually perform the daunting task of navigator. I'm the guy who makes sure the car shows up outside the party so you can get in and get home.

The night started off pretty basic, picking up drunken people and getting them home safe. After the first couple of rides, things started to get a little weird.

At one house on Prospect Road, my driver and I were waiting for some people. When we parked, I noticed people standing around the back gate. As I got closer to them I noticed they were all wearing trash bags. I don't mean like it was raining and they wanted to keep dry, more like they wanted togas but only had trash bags lying around.

Plastic clothing aside, that ride was nothing compared to one of the last rides I gave that night. At another house there was someone passed out on a car out front.

When the caller told me he needed me to take someone to the hospital I responded, "Oh, you mean the guy passed out, out front."

The response: "Uh…there's someone passed out?"

No, I would not be lucky enough to take a passed out college student to Poudre Valley Hospital. Nope, it would absolutely have to be the guy who ran into a door and split open his forehead.

All I can say about that guy is at least he and his friends were in a good mood on the way to the emergency room.

Luckily RamRide ended early, at 4:30 a.m.

For those of you playing at home, tapping away at your calculators, I'll do the math for you: 11 a.m. Saturday to 4:30 a.m. Sunday is roughly 17.5 hours.

Not to make my readers feel like they're doing absolutely nothing with their weekends but what did you do Saturday morning/afternoon/night?

To be honest, I like volunteering. It makes me feel like I might be able to change a little something by making sure drunk people don't hurt themselves too much. If you get the chance to put down the beer and do the same, I recommend it. You might just end up with some pretty rocking stories to tell your friends…when they're sober.