Authors: Dominic Graziano

The question topics ranged from time travel, first impressions and parents, but it wasn't your average interview.

"What one thing about you would most surprise your parents," Damon Furberg, the supervising casting director for the show asked one hopeful.

"The tattoo on my ass," she responded.

Answers like that will get attention but probably not the positive kind if you wanted to be on MTV's "The Real World."

Laramie hosted a casting call for MTV's "The Real World" on Tuesday and some CSU students made the trek to audition for the popular reality show.

"I drove over an hour to be here," said Ashton Metcalf, a junior technical journalism major. "I just hope I make a good impression."

Furberg said the number one trait he looks for is charisma.

"A lot of people think we pick people that are good looking. The truth is a lot of good looking people have zero charisma," Furberg said.

The interviewing process consisted of a group session with Furberg or another casting director. Ten people sat around a table talking about themselves and being asked questions.

"Oddly enough, wanting to stand out works against you," Furberg said. "Especially people who give me answers they think I want to hear."

After the interview, the prospective Real Worlders are told they will be contacted within 24 hours if they were accepted for another interview.

"I was really talkative during the whole thing," said Metcalf. "What if they don't like me?"

Abbey Millage, a junior human development and family studies major, said her decision to interview was spur of the moment.

"No expectations. I came just to say I did it," Millage said. "I was nervous, but it was a good experience."

The audition was for the 18th season of the show, for which filming is planned for spring of next year.

The students who auditioned knew filming would require them to take time off classes.

"That's actually part of the reason I want to get in," Metcalf said.