Women’s soccer rolls

Authors: Scott Bondy

With a 5-0 record, the lady Rams club soccer team is cruising through its season.

The team completed two games over the weekend against Colorado's B-team and Northern Colorado, winning 2-1 and 4-0, respectively.

Saturday afternoon, on the CSU intramural fields, the Rams' A-team beat the CU B-team. Both CSU scores came in the first 20 minutes of the game. The first was by senior leader Kerri Greer while the second netted ball came from another senior, Lindsay Anderson.

The lady Rams dominated much of the game while putting lots of pressure on the CU defense.

But the Buffs scored before the half and carried that momentum into the second. It didn't last long and CSU was able to control the ball for the rest of play.

The lady Rams traveled to Greeley for Sunday's game. Greer again shinned for CSU as she single handedly ripped apart the Bears' defense en route to a hat trick. Junior Lucy Storelli-Castro added the other goal for the Rams. The Bears had very few shots on goal and were unable to move the ball into CSU territory much of the game.

"They are playing really well as a team," said CSU head coach Jim Fronapfel, who is in his third year with the team. "We're 5-0 although we've experienced some injuries. The new players have stepped up great."

CSU returns to action next weekend as CU hosts a tournament Sept. 23 through 25.