Authors: Nick Piburn

The Rams were given Monday and Tuesday off from practice, with this being a bye week. The team was back at it Wednesday with an 80 minute practice in helmets and shoulder pads, followed by some conditioning.

For a majority of the practice, the team worked on individual drills, and finished with an 11 versus 11 scrimmage. The Rams also worked a little extra on special teams, which has been an early season downfall.

"We're getting enough time to work (on special teams), we had a good night tonight," said head Coach Sonny Lubick. "You have to have a knack on special teams, we've got seven or eight players we think can do well."

After the loss to Minnesota Saturday, the Rams need this bye week to get some things clicking again, especially with the running game. "We'll get it back, I think we're still ahead of where we were last year," said sophomore running back Kyle Bell on the state of the Rams' running game.

"We've got Nnamdi (Ohaeri) and Jimmy (Green) kind of banged up right now, but the rest of us still have to come out and run the well.

Injury Report

Senior quarterback Justin Holland (ankle) practiced but did not take reps in

the scrimmage. Sophomore Caleb Hanie, who took over for Holland in the

Minnesota game, took the snaps for the first team. Holland is expected to play

against Nevada on Sept. 24. Senior offensive lineman Brandon Alconcel (dislocated shoulder) is out at least three weeks.

Junior running back Nnamdi Ohaeri (ankle) will not be able to practice for two more weeks, meaning he will be out for the Nevada game. Ohaeri could begin practicing the week of the Air Force game, Sept. 29.