Authors: Scott Bondy

I was a fantasy football virgin. Not anymore, and I'm pretty proud of it. I received my first win Monday night. I'm thinking about sending my resume, along with my fantasy roster, to Bronco owner Pat Bowlen. Mike Shanahan could use a replacement. Experts always say he drafts pretty well, but he can't hold a candle to my draft.

I used to think fantasy football was for statistical nerds. Now I leave Yahoo open on my computer while the games are actually going so I can keep up with every play and every point my guys tally.

Sports fans and non-sports fans alike can finally unite. You don't have to know anything (as many people think I don't). There's probably no better way to impress your boss than by inviting him/her into your fantasy league.

I should mention it's not just football. NASCAR even has fantasy leagues, although I'm not sure I want to have anything to do with that. The football league is perfect. There are only 16 games in the season so it's easy to get excited every week.

One of my favorite things to do, trash talking, is even incorporated into the world of fantasy sports. By simply clicking on the "edit smack" link I can trash talk everyone in my league. And of course I do. What fun is it to win if you can't rub it in?

Let's not forget about the other great thing about sports, the gambling. Not only can I bet on the games every week, but also make bets on who will win the fantasy match-ups.

Fantasy football is out of control. Recently, Jessica Simpson's husband, Nick Lachey, (that's the only way people know about him) was invited onto Monday Night Countdown to pick his fantasy team.

So I made a bold move this week by starting Peyton Manning. He got me 24 points. That was just an executive decision I felt needed to be made. Matt Hasselbeck may get his chance someday but I'm really working on developing him as Manning's backup.

I wish I had Terrell Owens on my team so I could control whether he played. He most definitely would not.

Week two is rapidly approaching and I'm having a tough time giving the nod to one of my running backs. Both gave me good numbers last week and have worked really hard in the off-season. Truth is, they are playing each other. The Giants square off against New Orleans and I have Tiki Barber and Deuce McAllister. I'm sure "Sportscenter" will give me some advice in the next couple days.

I can't wait until they come out with a fantasy game for college football. I'd have Matt Leinart of USC, Adrian Peterson of Oklahoma and David Anderson – you guys probably know him.

So I encourage all of you to get involved.

When it comes down to it, sports are pretty much a fantasy lifestyle for all of us.

Scott Bondy is a senior psychology and technical journalism. He is the associate managing editor in charge of sports at the collegian.