Authors: Brett Okamoto

The CSU golf team featuring five freshmen and no seniors will come out swinging today at Ptarmigan Country Club in Fort Collins.

The field at Ptarmigan will consist of 18 teams, ranging from Arkansas State to San Francisco University.

Although the Rams will be one of the younger teams there, that doesn't mean they lack experience.

Sophomore Chelsea Benton will continue to establish herself as the team's leader, a role she began stepping into last year as a true freshman. With five top-20 finishes last year, including a seventh place finish at the Anteater Invitational in March, Benton has already made huge accomplishments as an individual. This year expectations will only rise for the young Ram.

Expectations will be equally high for a team who, despite nine top-10 finishes in 11 tournaments, only finished first in one appearance.

Helping out Benton will be fellow sophomore Megan Chapman, bl an all-American Scholar, and junior transfer Amber Ward. bl Ward played for Northern Arizona last year but is no stranger to Colorado as she graduated from Thornton High School. She made the All-Colorado high school team in 2002 and 2003.

The team is guided by last year's conference coach of the year, Angie Hopkins. The tournament will be an all day event.