Authors: Megan Read

A lot in a person's life can change in the process of coming to college, but faith does not have to be one part of that.

For CSU students who want to learn about different religions or simply continue practicing their faith while in college, the University Religious Directors Association (URDA) is planning an informational event.

The annual "Connect to Your Faith Community" will be Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lory Student Center Plaza.

The fair will provide information about various religions, and representatives will be available to answer any questions students may have about different faith organizations.

"I think spiritual health is important for a student," said Hedy Berman, director of Hillel at CSU. "This event is an opportunity to tell college students that in spite of your busy life, you can maintain your traditions as a student at CSU."

Berman said about 15 to 20 local faith communities will be represented, including various Christian faith traditions, Judaism, Unitarianism and B'ahai, among others.

Jewish Campus Service Corps Fellow Rachael Osofsky said she is excited to participate in the event.

"This event will give students a chance to find out about all the religious organizations at CSU," Osofsky said.

Senior marketing major Josh Dember , who will help at the Hillel table, said this event is important because students often forget the significance of keeping a tradition when coming to college.

" College life can get overwhelming," Dember said. "We get busy running from one place to the next and it's easy to forget your connection to your faith and learning about other people's faiths, too."

In addition to the information available at the fair, the URDA will take the place of the Associated Students of CSU Wednesday in collecting donations for the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

All money donated will be given to foundations that will match funds so donations will be twice the amount.