Authors: Ryan Skeels

This is probably the most challenging movie I've ever had to write about. Sitting through its entirety was like trying to pay attention in an eight o'clock class with the lights off watching PowerPoint slides of paint drying. No good.

However, if your idea of fun is paying five bucks to sit in a dark room and either daydream or fend off sleep, then "The Man" is right up your alley.

It's not even that it's a 'bad' movie per say. There's no bad acting, boring dialogue or cheesy lines. It's just that, well, it's just plain dumb. There's absolutely no content, there's no interesting plot to grab your attention, and nothing that makes it any more enjoyable than such greats as 'The Pacifier' and 'Are We There Yet?'

The story is that Samuel L. Jackson is an undercover agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) who has just set up an exchange with an arms dealer. He's to buy a USA Today and wait at a local diner for the drop. Wouldn't you know it, Eugene Levy has snagged the last paper, and ignorantly sat at the drop off point putting himself into the biggest pickle he has ever been in. You see, the bad guys think Levy is the one who wants the guns, and since Sammy needs them, Levy is forced to see the deal through.

If you can imagine the most cliche, ridiculous scene from every situational comedy in existence happening one after another, then you'll have a pretty good idea of what "The Man" is all about. It is a never-ending head-nod fest of disappointment.

It turns out Director Les Mayfield hasn't always been in the business of bad movies though. After all he is responsible for "Encino Man," "Blue Streak" and everyone's all-time favorite, the 1997 Robin Williams release of "Flubber." Maybe he's just in a bit of a slump.

It's got to be a fairly grueling process, getting a producer to fund a script, and there have to be an infinite amount of rejected ones, which leaves one to wonder, how in the name of "Space Jam" did "The Man" manage to slip through that filter. And why in the name of "xXx: State of the Union" does Samuel L. keep making such terrible career moves.

Skip it.