To the Editor

Jul 192005

I would like to comment on the recent article written by JP Eichmiller. Let's make one thing clear, you are not allowed to compare Cubs fans to Rockies fans. It's like comparing a 40-year marriage that ends in death to a two-year marriage that ends in divorce (in the spirit of bad analogies). We will not apologize for our lack of history. America has almost zero history compared to the rest of the world, and we're one of the greatest nations. Now let me speak for many Coloradoans; we stopped caring about Major League Baseball after the strike (and steroids) and the NBA after teams became able to foul their way into the playoffs. Those two aside let's quickly address the Broncos (and it's pathetic that you resorted to calling them donkeys). You admitted that we are not fair-weather Bronco fans, so we can rest there. Finally, and most important of all, the Avalanche. Most of the Avalanche fans know about the Nordiques, so don't act as if you have some unopposed hockey knowledge. Does Colorado have to pass an exam before we can legally receive a pro-hockey team? Seriously dude, that is a terrible argument (and good luck with women's fashion). Coloradoans have become the greatest hockey fans since the arrival of the Avalanche. Even before the NHL was taken off the ice, we sold out every game of the Eagles. Yes, we were spoiled with the Avalanche, but we learned to appreciate it every single year after that first Stanley Cup. So, I would respectfully ask that you would stick to your skewed views on politics.

Ben Griffis

Senior, Marketing