To the editor:

It was nice to see the Collegian supporting the club sports at CSU, but I was saddened to see that it failed to include more than four of the spring sports that are wrapping up their seasons. The CSU team handball club (please see the club sports Web site for a description of this obscure sport) just returned from Houston after competing in the national tournament at which we finished seventh with a record of 4-2.

On the first day of the tournament, we defeated West Point, Houston and Georgia State but fell to the USA Deaf team and our in-state rivals, the Air Force Academy, on the second day. The seventh-place match was forfeited to us on Sunday by West Point. This club team will be around next year, so when you wrap up the club sports season next year, please do not fail to include us.

Matthew Smith

Graduate student

Biomedical science major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

This letter is in response to the woman in Wednesday's letters to the editor who said that gay marriage is not a private decision.

I am "liberal," and I take offense to the fact that you believe we (liberals) belittle the choice of gay marriage. I am straight, and knowing that, I rest easy knowing that no one could ever stop me from marrying the woman I love and that the government would respect that. To say, though, that the love between two homosexuals is any less valid than the love I feel is absurd and cruel.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you can't shelter your children from the world and as a Christian don't you think it's your duty to try to encourage them to be tolerant of their fellow humans. After all, what would you say about gay marriage if your children were gay? Would you still tell them it was wrong and that accepting their lifestyle might corrupt the youth of the next generation? I'm sorry, but you are unrealistic and narrow-minded; don't try to claim that your side of the argument is valid because it is unnatural, or it hurts the youth. You need to admit that all people are equal, and your marriage won't be tainted by two other people engaging in a legal contract that makes them a family.

Maybe if you tell your children that it is OK to be gay, then if they turned out to be they wouldn't be too afraid to tell you the truth. Would you love your children any less if they were gay?

Think about it.

Justin Stolz

Freshman

business administration major