Authors: Chris Gerken

This could be it: the culmination of all of Colorado's hard work this season.

The Eagles sit in a position they have never been in before: They are just one win away from the Central Hockey League's President's Cup. A win tonight against the Laredo Bucks will eliminate the defending champions by a 4-1 series score and give the Eagles their first title in franchise history.

The Eagles are coming off of a huge win Monday night in Laredo, where they outplayed, out-shot and outscored the Bucks before their home crowd. Backup goaltender Paulo Colaiacovo played a strong game for Colorado to help the Eagles to the win. It's likely that Colaiacovo will make the start in this game over Tyler Weiman, who has struggled on the road in the playoffs.

The Eagles offense is firing on all cylinders, and all of their top players will need to continue to play a dominant game to close out the series.

Laredo will almost certainly start David Guerrera over Jeremy Symington in Game 5 after Symington gave up four goals on only 11 shots. The Bucks will need their big guns, particularly veteran Jeff Bes, to generate some offense if they hope to stay alive in the series. If Laredo wins, they still will face the prospect of having to win two straight games at the Budweiser Events Center, where the Eagles have been phenomenal this playoff year.

The two teams will play today at 6 p.m. People can listen to the game live on 99.9 FM.