To the editor:

I can sympathize with Gavin McMeeking. In his article "Being tall: A curse in life," he told us all of his many problems with being tall. I, in fact, have the opposite problem. I am far too short for this world.

At work I practically have to carry around a stepladder to reach everything that I need to. Stores hardly ever have short- or regular-length jeans. I end up having to cuff all of the bottoms of my pants. I've heard all the jokes, "So I walked into a bar today and Emily walked right under it." That one really gets a rise out of my friends.

The worst though, is when I go to theme parks and I get my head jostled around in between the shoulder bars. I'm not complaining about my shortness, because it is a part of me, just like my being left-handed, but that's an entirely different letter.

Emily Abts

Sophomore

Marketing major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

After reading RamTalk for the last week I have noticed something you should be aware of. For about the past week, someone has been calling/writing in different quotes from the late Mitch Hedberg, a comedian and a fellow Minnesotan. He tragically passed away a few weeks ago from a heart problem he has had since birth.

Quotes such as the corn-on-the-cob joke a few days ago, and the "human pyramid" joke Thursday appear on his COPYRIGHTED CDs. I checked into the legality of this and from what I uncovered it is illegal to publish excerpts from a copyrighted work without permission from the owner of the work and/or citing the source.

Maybe you were unaware that these were from a copyrighted CD since the person who called/wrote in did not submit that information. You may want to verify what you print so that you don't have copyright infringement lawsuits filed against you. It may be hard to prevent things like this from happening, but it is illegal and I feel it is disrespectful to the late Mitch Hedberg.

Scott Ferriss

Freshman

Open-option major